Music choice

By looking at different experiments, I found out how the sound or music choice is important. It describes the whole film and it can manipulate and create different feelings and emotions depending on the sound. 
Firstly, I thought of the meaning of our video. We want to represent 'Time' as a subject that isn't appreciated until its too late. The idea of drawing on a human body is supposed to create images of growing trees, people getting older and how it is possible to recognise it on their skin. The short animation is also supposed to represent change and it is one of the things that go along with time.
I thought of using a sound which will include a guitar tone as we used a guitar in our experiments and we plan to use it in our final to represent change while the drawings will represent time and change. 

Music examples I have looked at and analysed to see whether they will work with our animation.

Ronald Jenkees - Guitar Sound

I think the sound is quiet interesting and I find it quiet relaxing, however I think we might need something more delicate.

Chopin - Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2

This sound represents Chopin's music played on the guitar. I think it's a beautiful sound, however it might be slightly slow for our animation. Also, it seems to be quiet happy and our video is about something else, therefore I'm not satisfied with this particular choice. 

Phil Boroff


Another example of music with a use of classical guitar. Again, this time I believe that the song doesn't reflect what we will try to represent through our video. 

Aldo

In my opinion this is a very calm and relaxing guitar music. However it's not very powerful and to represent the idea we want to show. 




No comments:

Post a Comment